Site Engineer Galway
We have partnered with a Tier 1 Contractor providing building solutions across the industry to include commercial, large-scale residential, life sciences etc.
Typically projects range in value from €20M to €150M+.
They are recognised as one of Ireland’s leading contractors with strong reputation as an excellent employer with a healthy work / life balance ethos.
They now require a Site Engineer to join the Galway team.
This will be full time position based in Galway.
- Conducting thorough site surveys and measurements to establish reference points, lines, and levels for the construction of a manufacturing plant.
- Accurately setting out the positions of structures, buildings, roads, and other construction elements in strict adherence to project specifications.
- Using robotic total stations, such as Trimble or Leica, to perform precise setting out and maintain high precision standards.
- Collaborating closely with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of construction plans and adherence to design requirements.
- Monitoring and verifying the work of subcontractors to ensure compliance with design drawings and specifications.
- Addressing and resolving promptly any issues or discrepancies related to setting out measurements to maintain project progress and quality.
- Minimum of 2 years of setting out experience in construction projects, with a focus on commercial projects.
- A relevant degree in engineering or a related field.
- Proficiency in setting out using robotic total stations, particularly Trimble or Leica, showcasing a high level of technical expertise.
- Strong knowledge of construction techniques, surveying methods, and relevant software applications.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites in Galway as required for project needs.
- Full EU Driving License.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
The salary for this Setting Out Engineer role ranges from €50,000 to €60,000 DOE (Negotiable dependent upon experience), with a bonus scheme, car/allowance, and additional benefits.
For further information contact Robert Bridgeman