MEP – LEAD SCHEDULER
Position: MEP – LEAD SCHEDULER
Salary: Negotiable – Permanent or Contract Rate
Experience: 5+ years
Alpine Recruitment is seeking a MEP – LEAD SCHEDULER for an established T1 Contractor in Dublin, Ireland. Our client has been to the fore in the construction of various flagship projects throughout Ireland and abroad including sports stadiums, healthcare facilities, airports, motorways, and hi-tec/pharma/datacentres.
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, and Hospitality with projects ranging in value up to €400 million. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Oversee Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) project schedules. Coordinate resources and ensure timely completion. Utilise expertise in scheduling software, project management, and strong communication skills, to maintain project timelines and quality standards.
- Project Planning: Develop and maintain comprehensive MEP project schedules, incorporating all phases from conception to completion. This involves understanding project scope, objectives, and constraints.
- Resource Allocation: Efficiently allocate resources such as labor, materials, and equipment to ensure that MEP tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Scheduling Software: Utilise industry-standard scheduling software tools (e.g., Primavera, Microsoft Project) to create and manage project schedules, ensuring accuracy and alignment with project goals.
- Critical Path Analysis: Identify critical path activities and potential bottlenecks in the project schedule, proactively addressing issues to maintain project timelines.
- Coordination: Collaborate closely with project managers, engineers, subcontractors, and other team members to ensure that MEP activities are synchronised with the overall project plan.
- Progress Tracking: Regularly update and maintain project schedules to reflect actual progress, deviations, and changes, and provide timely reports to project stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Identify potential schedule risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimise delays and disruptions.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that MEP work is executed according to industry standards, codes, and project specifications, maintaining a high level of quality.
- Cost Control: Work in conjunction with the project team to monitor costs associated with the MEP schedule and seek opportunities for cost savings where possible.
- Communication: Facilitate clear and effective communication between different teams and departments to maintain alignment with project objectives and deadlines.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation related to project schedules, changes, and communications for future reference and audits.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on industry best practices and trends in MEP scheduling and implement improvements in scheduling processes as needed.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field is preferred.
- 5+ Years experience in MEP scheduling, project management, or a similar role within the construction or engineering industry.
- Proficiency in scheduling software (e.g., Primavera, Microsoft Project).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of organisational skill.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of MEP systems and construction practices is a plus.
- Competitive Salary – Market Rate +
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.