Senior Health & Safety Manager – Dublin Airport
POSITION: Senior Health & Safety Manager
Location: Dublin Airport
Salary: €90,000 +
Experience: 10+ yrs
Job Ref: RBHSA10
Alpine Recruitment is seeking a Senior Health & Safety Manager for an established Construction Company in Dublin Airport.
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Civil, Infrastructure, Renewable, Energy, Airports, MEP, Hi-Tec/Life Sciences etc
Opportunity to work on large-scale capital projects, they offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Part of the senior management team
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Company’s EHS Management System on projects
- Oversee and review site performance by completing routine inspections and audits
- Ensure that project specific Health & Safety Plans including Risk Assessments, specific to the work for each new project are drawn up prior to the commencement of work and are regularly reviewed throughout the project
- Partake in the daily White Board Meetings and issue guidance where required
- Promote a positive H&S culture on-site with Site Management, Contractors, and workers.
- Monitor EHS compliance on-site and generate weekly inspections & reports.
- Develop, maintain and foster collaborative relationships with the wider project team.
- Influence and coach site team in the implementation of best practice EHS standards.
- Elevate the SHEQ agenda through the instigation and development of appropriate Training Programmes, Alerts, TBT and Lessons Learned.
- Liaise with the Group Safety Director on all SHEQ matters
- Promote, audit and report out on operations SHEQ procedural compliance
- Operate effectively within both a divisional senior management team and a wider business functional team proactively contribute to company-wide programmes and initiatives
- Confident interacting with a broad range of internal and stakeholders and representing the business in the industry
- Develop and implement strategy while also providing direct support and leadership in the operational delivery environment
- Degree in Health & Safety or equivalent
- CMIOSH would be advantageous
- 10+years’ experience preferably with T1 background
- Large scale civil and/or building projects
- Experience in end-to-end program management
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record managing Health & Safety professionals
- Competitive Salary €90,000 +
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance
- Generous contributory pension
- Health & Life Insurance
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.
- We work extensively with construction professionals returning from overseas