Senior Civils Foreman Tyrone
Position: Senior Civils Foreman Tyrone
Location: OMAGH, COUNTY TYRONE, NORTHERN IRELAND
Salary: €65,000 – €80,000
Experience: 5+ Years
Alpine Recruitment is seeking a Senior Civils Foreman for an established T1 Contractor in Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Heavy Civils, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, and Hospitality
They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Manage construction project, ensure adherence to quality, safety, and timelines. Provide technical project oversight and effective team leadership. Responsible for upholding project specifications and safety procedures.
- Collaboration and Planning: Collaborate with General Foreman to strategize weekly and daily activities for the construction site. Chair daily coordination meetings and participate in weekly subcontractor progress meetings to ensure effective communication and project alignment.
- Quality and Compliance: Ensure adherence of subcontractors to RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements) and ITPs (Inspection and Test Plans) to uphold high-quality standards. Monitor safety, quality, and project progress in accordance with environmental and construction standards.
- Technical Oversight: Verify all construction work aligns precisely with designer’s drawings, sketches, and specifications to maintain project integrity. Conduct inspections of subcontractor work, granting approval when it meets the required standards.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain a daily diary, recording progress updates, labor figures, safety incidents, weather conditions, and other pertinent information. Ensure knowledge on the project-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure protocol adherence.
- Team Management, Coordination and Communication: Manage a team of supervisors and operatives, coordinate efforts and efficient work execution. Coordinate activities with various trades, emphasis on COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) considerations.
- Safety, Compliance and Safety Initiatives: Provide support to site management by assisting with site inductions for new personnel. Issue necessary site permits, such as excavation, hot works, and roof permits, to maintain safety standards. Ensure subcontractors conduct regular toolbox talks to promote safety awareness and adherence to safety protocols.
- Logistics and Material Distribution: Assist in coordinating site logistics, including informing gatekeepers and security personnel about incoming deliveries. Collaborate in checking information provided by the design team and subcontractors and raise RFI’s (Request for Information) when necessary. Manage the coordination and distribution of materials to work areas while identifying potential hazards and ensuring subcontractors are aware of them.
- Trace qualified or NVQ in Site Management or related field.. and/or
- Degree Construction Management or equivalent experience in a related role
- 5+ Years Experience in managing diverse projects, including those with technical complexities.
- Strong grasp of project logistics and timelines.
- Strong team management and relationship building Skills.
- Proficiency in Project management tools, Software, and IT Skills.
- Certifications including Asbestos Awareness, Supervisors Safety Course, First Aid at Work, IOSH or equivalent H&S management training, and expertise in Temporary Works & Excavation Safety.
- Proficiency in managing permitting requirements for live energy works, working at heights & scaffolding, lifting & crane operations, and other HSEQS training as per the site’s HSE plan.
- Competitive Salary €65,000 – €80,000/GBP equivalent
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- DIS/EAP/Bonus/Annual Pay Review.
- Generous contributory pension
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- 26 Days Annual Leave.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.