Quality Manager Sligo, Ireland
Our Client, an established construction company with a wide-ranging portfolio of successful works in both Ireland, the UK and across Europe are seeking a Quality Manager in Sligo, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and developing the Quality Policy and the Quality Management System (QMS).
As the Quality Manager, you will foster a culture of continuous improvement and ensure full compliance with the BSI 9001 standards, overseeing external audits to guarantee adherence to quality accreditations.
- Quality Strategy Development: Oversee the development, support, and implementation of the company’s quality strategy. Provide leadership in enhancing the Quality Policy and optimising the utilisation of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Efficient Snagging Process: Act as the champion for the “snag as you go” approach, driving efficiency and simplicity in the snagging process. Facilitate the utilisation of tools such as Viewpoint and snagging field tools to streamline and enhance the snagging process.
- Collaborative Quality Planning: Promote collaborative quality planning by actively engaging with project leaders, sub-contractors, suppliers, and clients. Foster an environment that encourages the evolution of quality planning across all project stages.
- Compliance Management: Manage compliance with BSI 9001 standards, ensuring that the organisation meets and exceeds quality accreditations. Facilitate external audits to verify compliance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Training and Guidance: Provide guidance on the effective use of the Quality Management System (QMS) across all levels of the organisation.
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives: Initiate and lead continuous improvement projects aimed at enhancing overall quality performance. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and implement effective solutions. Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track the success of improvement initiatives and adjust strategies as needed.
- Risk Management and Mitigation: Develop and implement a robust risk management strategy to identify potential quality risks throughout project lifecycles. Work closely with project teams to assess and mitigate quality-related risks, ensuring proactive measures are in place. Regularly review and update risk assessments to align with evolving project requirements and industry standards.
- Degree in a relevant field; additional certifications in quality management will be advantageous.
- 3+ years’ experience in developing and implementing quality strategies within the construction industry or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems, particularly BSI 9001 standards.
- Ability to apply legal, technical, and regulatory insights, including BCAR.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proactive and results-oriented mindset.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, leadership and team collaboration abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Current membership to the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) or willing to obtain.
- Competitive Salary circa €70K.
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.
Alpine Recruitment Group