Plant Manager – Wicklow and Dublin
Our client has operations across Ireland and Europe. They run key projects in the pharma, retail and tech sectors and are seeking an experienced and skilled Plant Manager to oversee the daily operations of a facility at Bray, Co. Wicklow and Shankill, Co. Dublin. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of plant operations, ensuring efficiency, safety, and quality in production. The Plant Manager will play a key role in optimising processes, implementing best practices, and leading a dedicated team to achieve organisational goals.
- Operations Management: Oversee day-to-day operations of the plant. Develop and implement effective strategies to optimise workflow and maximise output. Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
- Team Leadership: Lead, motivate, and manage a diverse team , including supervisors and line workers. Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork and employee development. Conduct regular performance reviews, provide feedback, and support the professional growth of team members.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure products meet or exceed company and industry standards. Collaborate with quality assurance teams to address and resolve any product or process issues. Continuously seek ways to enhance product quality and consistency.
- Safety Compliance: Enforce safety protocols and procedures to maintain a secure and hazard-free workplace. Conduct regular safety inspections, identify potential risks, and implement corrective actions. Ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Resource Management: Manage plant resources efficiently, including equipment, materials, and personnel. Develop and monitor budgets to control costs and optimise resource allocation.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance operational efficiency and reduce waste. Implement lean principles and best practices to streamline processes. Lead or participate in cross-functional teams focused on process improvement projects.
- Communication and Reporting: Maintain open and effective communication channels with senior management, department heads, and team members. Prepare and present regular reports on plant performance, highlighting achievements and areas for improvement.
- Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- 7+ years’ experience in plant management or a similar leadership role
- Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, and safety standards.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Familiarity with lean principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in achieving production targets and improving operational efficiency.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance standards.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Note: Due to the 24-7 operation of the plant, the Plant Manager may be required to work hours outside the standard 7-to-4 schedule, to ensure continuous oversight of plant operations. Flexibility and availability during non-standard hours are essential for this role.
- Competitive Salary to €90k
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.
Alpine Recruitment Group