MEP Manager Killarney
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, Hospitality etc. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Reporting to the Senior Building Services Manager, the role involves delivering on-time and on-budget Building Services Systems, emphasising safety, quality, and energy efficiency, while complying with specified design and statutory requirements for seamless handover and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for integrating Building Services systems into projects with minimal supervision.
- Implement the company’s Building Services Management Systems & Procedures.
- Assist in the MEP tender process, including evaluating commercial and technical bids.
- Manage the procurement of MEP packages and related contract documentation.
- Procure and manage Site Temporary Electrical packages with a focus on energy efficiency.
- Finalise Installation and Commissioning programs to align with the Construction Program.
- Coordinate with utility companies to ensure infrastructural and interface requirements are met.
- Manage MEP commercial and contractual aspects, oversee inspections, and witness on-site testing and commissioning demonstrations.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards, codes, and regulations in all MEP activities.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop and implement MEP strategies and plans.
- Manage the procurement process for MEP equipment, materials, and subcontractors.
- Monitor and control MEP project budgets and financial aspects in coordination with the financial team.
- Lead and supervise MEP project teams, including engineers, technicians, and subcontractors.
- Resolve MEP-related issues and conflicts that may arise during the construction process.
- Ensure the integration and compatibility of MEP systems with the overall building design.
- Conduct regular inspections, testing, and commissioning of MEP systems to ensure functionality, efficiency, and compliance with project requirements.
- Degree in Building Services, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant or similar role.
- Proficiency in all project phases with strong technical, commercial, and safety skills.
- Effective teamwork, communication, planning and programming skills.
- Experience in quality management with proactive mentoring capabilities.
- Membership in industry-related professional institutions (e.g., CIBSE, CIOB, IEI, or equivalent).
- IOSH or equivalent Health & Safety Management Training.
- Live Energies / Arc Flash Training/ BIM Fundamentals.
- Competitive Salary €75K
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.
Alpine Recruitment Group