Contracts / Sr Project Manager – Retail Division
Position: Contracts / Sr Project Manager – Retail Division
Location: Ireland & UK (Travel Required)
Salary: €90,000 – €110,000(DOE) + Company Vehicle/Car Allowance
Experience: 10+ Years’
Alpine Recruitment is seeking a Contracts / Sr Project Manager – Retail Division (IRL&UK) for an established T1 Contractor with travel between both countries a requirement.
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, and Hospitality with projects ranging in value up to €400 million. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Oversee and manage contract negotiations, execution, and compliance of construction projects within the Retail division. Manage project timelines, budgets, and resources for on-time and on-budget project delivery. Maintain adherence to contractual obligations. Drive excellence in contract management for operational efficiency and to mitigate risks.
- Resource Management: Oversee the mobilisation and setup of on-site teams, create a motivated and high-morale work environment, and ensure effective project execution.
- Project Reporting: Report directly to senior management and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Senior Quantity Surveyors, to ensure timely and budget-conscious project delivery.
- Compliance Assurance: Ensure on-site systems adhere to internal policies, meet regulatory standards in health & safety, well-being, environmental practices, quality, and sustainability.
- Project Planning: Develop project plans that consider timelines, budgets, and resource allocation for efficient project execution.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects, employ industry best practices and innovative solutions to uphold project integrity.
- Cost Control: Implement effective cost control measures, manage project expenses, and optimise resource allocation.
- Quality Assurance: Maintain commitment to quality control standards, ensure that construction work consistently meets or exceeds established benchmarks.
- Decision-Making Authority: Make critical choices while aligning with organisational goals.
- Stakeholder Relationships: Foster and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, clients, internal and external stakeholders to promote collaboration and synergy.
- Continuous Improvement: Foster a culture of continuous improvement, enhance project delivery processes and outcomes, and drive ongoing excellence.
- Leadership, professionalism, and dedication to all aspects of project management.
- Engineering/Construction Mgt. degree and/or trade certification or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of construction contract laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage project budgets and financial aspects.
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in risk assessment and mitigation in construction projects.
- Proficiency in project management software/ tools and strong IT skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management capabilities.
- Proficient in stakeholder management and project reporting.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational abilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Competitive Salary €90,000 – €110,000 (DOE).
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance
- Generous contributory pension
- Health & Life Insurance
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Relocation Allowance if necessary
- Professional subscriptions paid for
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Travel within Ireland and UK, opportunity to gain multiple project experience.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.