Commercial Civils – Project Quantity Surveyor – North Dublin
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, Hospitality etc. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
To manage the financial aspects of the commercial civil construction project, collaborating with project teams to ensure strict compliance with budgetary constraints, conducting detailed cost analyses, and providing accurate and timely financial reporting to stakeholders. The focus is on optimising project costs, identifying opportunities for efficiency, and contributing to the successful and timely completion of commercial civil projects.
- Project Cost Estimation: Conduct detailed cost estimations for commercial construction projects, analysing materials, labour, and other expenses to provide accurate project cost projections.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage budgets throughout the project lifecycle, tracking costs, and ensuring expenditures align with approved budgets.
- Tendering and Procurement: Oversee the tendering process, including the preparation of tender documents, evaluation of bids, and negotiation with contractors and suppliers to secure cost-effective and reliable services.
- Contract Administration: Administer and manage construction contracts, ensuring compliance with contractual terms, assessing variations, and resolving any contractual disputes that may arise.
- Risk Analysis: Identify potential risks and uncertainties associated with the project, conducting risk assessments, and implementing strategies to mitigate and manage risks effectively.
- Value Engineering: Collaborate with project teams to explore cost-saving opportunities without compromising quality, ensuring value engineering principles are applied to optimise project outcomes.
- Progress Monitoring: Regularly monitor and report on project progress against budgeted costs, identifying any deviations and implementing corrective measures as necessary.
- Cost Reporting: Prepare and present comprehensive cost reports to stakeholders, providing insights into project financial performance and forecasting future expenditures.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality assurance measures related to cost control, ensuring that construction activities meet specified standards while adhering to budget constraints.
- Client Communication: Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders, addressing any financial concerns, providing updates on cost-related matters, and ensuring transparency throughout the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- 5+ years of practical experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry.
- Proficient in construction software and Microsoft Office for accurate cost estimation, budget management, and project tracking.
- Strong understanding of construction regulations, standards, and industry best practices.
- Ability to analyse project costs, conduct risk assessments, and apply value engineering principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for conveying complex cost-related information to diverse stakeholders.
- Proven experience in drafting, negotiating, and managing construction contracts.
- Competitive Salary €80K.
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.
Alpine Recruitment Group