Civil Foreman / Site Manager – North Co Dublin
Position: Civil Foreman / Site Manager – North Co Dublin
Location: Swords, County Dublin, Ireland
Salary: €60,000 – €70,000 (DOE)
Experience: 5+ years
Alpine Recruitment is seeking a Civil Foreman / Site Manager for an established T1 Contractor in Swords, County Dublin, Ireland. Our client has been to the fore in the construction of various flagship projects throughout Ireland and abroad including sports stadiums, healthcare facilities, airports, motorways, and hi-tec/pharma/datacentres.
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, and Hospitality with projects ranging in value up to €400 million. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Supervise, manage, and lead various aspects of the civil construction project, ensure safety and efficiency for specification-compliant execution.
- Project Oversight: Supervise day-to-day construction operations, ensuring adherence to plans and schedules.
- Team Leadership and Scheduling: Manage laborers, operators, and subcontractors, delegate tasks, and enforce safety measures. Develop and manage work schedules to achieve on-time task completion, coordinating with other trades and subcontractors as necessary.
- Safety, Compliance and Quality Assurance: Prioritise safety by enforcing regulations and ensuring workforce compliance. Ensure quality assurance, monitor work quality, conduct inspections, and uphold project specifications.
- Resource Management: Efficiently allocate materials, equipment, and labor to meet project progress and budget goals.
- Problem Solving and Communication: Address challenges, identify issues, and implement solutions to maintain project timelines and budgets. Communicate effectively and serve as a communication bridge between workers, subcontractors, managers, and stakeholders.
- Documentation and Compliance: Maintain accurate records, track progress, expenses, and regulatory compliance.
- Budget Oversight and Reporting: Assist in managing project budgets by monitoring expenses and controlling costs. Provide progress reports to project managers and stakeholders, detailing completed work, encountered challenges, and necessary plan adjustments.
- Regulatory Adherence: Ensure compliance with local, national, and industry-specific regulations and codes.
- Trade / Diploma / Degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in civil construction, ideally with a track record of supervisory roles.
- Knowledge and understanding of local, national, and industry-specific regulations and codes.
- Certification in safety management and a commitment to enforcing safety protocols.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, to effectively liaise with teams, subcontractors, and stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills to manage resources, schedules, and documentation efficiently.
- Ability to identify issues, problem solve, implement solutions, and maintain project timelines and budgets.
- Proficiency in utilising industry-standard software and IT tools.
- Competitive Salary €60,000 – €70,000 (DOE).
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.