Design Manager Omagh
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, Hospitality etc. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating design aspects of the project. Collaborate with architects, engineers, contractors, and stakeholders. Ensure design quality, compliance with regulations, and project objectives. Manage design budgets, timelines, and client communication. Identify and mitigates design-related risks. Provide regular project updates to senior management and clients.
- Project Planning: Develop project plans, timelines, and budgets for design project, ensuring all project requirements are clearly defined and understood.
- Client Communication: Act as a liaison between clients or stakeholders and the design team, understanding and communicating their goals, requirements, and feedback effectively.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate potential project risks, ensuring that project is completed on time and within budget.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on industry trends, tools, and best practices to improve the team’s design capabilities and efficiency.
- Reporting: Provide regular project status reports to senior management or clients, including project milestones, budget status, and design progress.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that design work meets quality standards, safety regulations, and project objectives. Review and approve design documents and drawings.
- Collaboration: Work closely with architects, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors to resolve design-related issues, provide technical guidance, and facilitate communication among project stakeholders.
- Value Engineering: Identify cost-effective design solutions that maintain project quality while optimising construction costs.
- Risk Management: Identify and address design-related risks that could impact project schedules, budgets, or quality, and implement strategies to mitigate them.
- Change Management: Manage changes to the design scope, ensuring that changes are properly documented, approved, and incorporated into the project.
- Compliance: Ensure that design plans and documents comply with relevant building codes, regulations, and standards.
- Reporting: Provide regular project status updates to senior management, clients, and project stakeholders, including design milestones and any design-related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction design and project management
- Familiarity with relevant building codes and regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Detail-oriented and committed to quality.
- Strong leadership, and team management skills.
- Professional certifications related to construction design and project management.
- Knowledge of sustainable and green building design principles.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modelling (BIM) software and technologies.
- Competitive Salary to 80k.
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.
Alpine Recruitment Group